Site Meter

Sunday, September 18, 2016

MY FIRST BOOK!
For years, family and friends kept telling me "You should write a book!"  So, I am finally giving them the opportunity to put their money where their mouths are!
I have been around the world a few times, have lived in Canada for most of my life, but have also lived in Mexico, Thailand and...Texas! My life has been varied and full of rich experiences that I want to share!   I have learned words in several languages in my travels and have also learned to appreciate many different cultures.  I have watched, photographed and participated in activities that are part of cultures and lifestyles that I grew up knowing nothing about! 
My first book covers a few of my memories of a tiny little fishing village in Mexico that I lived in upon our retirement in 1999.  We had travelled all over Mexico in the 90's and kept returning to Mazunte, ultimately making the decision to retire and move to our own personal paradise.
In this book I was reluctant to mention friends by name for privacy reasons.  Because of that I have not related a lot of the stories of specific incidence that took place.  I have had some feedback from a few of those people that more personal stories could have been included, along with photos.  Hmmm...time to add a chapter or two by way of a revision!  But I am starting on the next book and would lose some focus.  A revision will happen but first I need to finish my new project.
To access my publisher (and to pay a few dollars) you can download my book in several formats depending on which device you are using.  Please enjoy, and Send me feedback!
http://leanpub.com/mymemoriesofmazunte

No comments:

Post a Comment