Site Meter

Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30, 2009.


I have spent a lot of time writing what I consider to be some thoughts worth pursueing. However, Thailand being Thailand and lese majestie being in full operation, my words will not be posted here until I am in either Mexico or the US.


In the meantime...here's some silly stuff...


WHY IS IT THAT.....?


· You have to go to Turkey for a great cup of tea, and to Vietnam for a great cup of coffee?
· Spanish wine is cheaper in Ireland than it is in Spain?
· Durian fruit tastes so good but smells so bad that it is forbidden in most elevators and on buses?
· The key you need is always the last one available on the keychain?
· When you put 8 socks into the laundry you only get back seven?
· That the only screaming baby on an airplane is always in the seat directly behind yours?
· If there is only one reading light in the hotel room, it is not on YOUR side of the bed?
· A Greek salad tastes so much better when it is eaten in the shadow of the Acropolis?
· A Guiness tastes so much better when drunk in an Irish pub?
· A McDonalds hamburger tastes the same all over the world, but a Pizza Hut pizza in Asia has no resemblance what-so-ever to a North American Pizza Hut pizza?
· In Cambodia it is against the law to have your vehicle lights on in the daytime and in Canada it is against the law NOT to have them on during the day?
· Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever?
· The really good forwarded emails always go to someone else?


Feel free to answer any or all of these! Not exactly earth shattering questions but maybe there are some earth shattering answers!

.......

1 comment:

  1. I'll be looking forward to reading what you write in either Mexico or the US!
    I've never eaten or smelled Durian fruit, but maybe thats a good thing.
    I want to taste the Greek salad in the shadow of the Acropolis.
    A Guiness tastes excellent no matter where it is drunk, but this is coming from someone who has NEVER had one in an Irish pub......but I did drink a lot of Guiness, on tap, in England in 1976. I also liked Mackeson,(? don't know if that is the right spelling)and dark ale, and black and tan....not bad for a non beer drinker!!!!
    I've only eaten Mc Donalds in Australia, and I'm not keen on them here, so not sure if I would like them elsewhere. I have to admit I do LOVE the sundae's and their soft serve ice cream in a large cup with triple crushed Oreo cookies....I know, sick puppy!
    We only have our headlights on if it is dark, misty (not foggy, sometimes when it is raining or overcast. Amazing how different countries have differing laws.
    Ooooh! I know all about the fat cells! Bree and I are starting a diet Monday....the one I was using before, whilst eating the aforementioned soft serve with triple, yeah, you know the one, and repeating over and over 'fat begone', just didn't work. Now its time to get serious!
    OK, thats enough of my silliness now. I'm off for a cold drink and the fan!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete